Why Liposuction Breast Reduction?
Since women are reluctant to have a “regular” breast reduction because of scarring, a Liposuction Breast Reduction is a good alternative. These women suffer from all the problems that other heavy-breasted women have including the neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain and shoulder grooving. They also are dissatisfied with their body image and may be unable to wear the clothes that they desire because of their enlarged breasts. These factors may hinder a woman with large breast from participating in sports, playing a more active social role, and simply enjoying life to the fullest.
How is the Liposuction Breast Reduction procedure performed?
Breast Reduction Liposuction in Thailand is relatively simple and straightforward. A patient, who is deemed a good candidate for this procedure, is given antibiotics, and anesthetized in the operating room. The breasts are injected with tumescent solution to give some pain relief and decrease the bleeding during surgery. Then 2 small incisions are made in each breast, about 3 millimeters each, and liposuction is performed to remove the desired amount. When sufficient fat is removed, the incisions are closed and the patient is awakened.
How is the Liposuction Breast Reduction process?
We perform a regular Liposuction Breast Reduction Thailand with a technique that is with predictable results and a very low complication rate. The regular breast reduction leaves a scar that is shaped like a lollipop around the areola and the mid-lower breast plus horizontal scars extending the length of the lower crease of the breast. The resultant scar looks like an anchor. This method accomplishes two goals: The first is the decrease in breast volume. The second goal is a breast lift and removal of excess skin. The problem to some people is accepting the scar. A breast reduction by liposuction is an ideal operation for a heavy-breasted woman who wants volume removed from her breasts, but does not want to have the scars, and wants “less of an operation” with less chance of complications. This technique has its limitations and cannot accomplish the lifting effect that a regular breast reduction can accomplish by removing the skin of the lower portion of the breast (and thus leaving scars). It also cannot guarantee the removal of the huge volume that a regular breast reduction can accomplish.
What are the benefits of Breast Reduction by Liposuction?
- Avoidance of the anchor incision scar. Instead, two small incisions are made under the crease of each breast to perform the liposuction
- The time it takes to perform the surgery varies according to the size of the breasts. On average, a regular breast reduction operation may take 2-3 hours. A breast reduction by liposuction may take half an hour to an hour.
- The pain may be less than a regular breast reduction due to less scarring.
- The recovery time is lessened because of less surgery performed, so a patient should recover in a few days.
- Symmetry between the two breasts is well preserved by liposuctioning the exact same amount from either breast.
- The nerves and blood vessels are well preserved.
What are the disadvantages of Liposuction Breast Reduction?
- The lift that is created by a regular breast reduction cannot be achieved by liposuction alone since the excess skin is not removed. As a result, the volume may be reduced, but the shape of the breast may either be less full, or sagging as a result of fat removal, depending on the skin quality. The nipple may rise a little with liposuction alone, but the lift achieved is not as significant as the regular breast reduction technique.
- The breast consists of breast tissue and fat. Only fat is removed with liposuction and not breast tissue as would be the case with regular breast reduction, since the breast tissue as well as the fat would be cut away. As a woman gets older, the breast tissue gets replaced with fat, so, the older the woman, the more that can be removed from her breast with liposuction alone. In other words, a woman in her twenties who would like to go down three sizes may not be a good candidate for liposuction breast reduction, since she may not have that much fat in her breast.